and Intensives Week
Registration is now open for the 2021 -2022 Competition Team Try-Outs! The cost for this week is $85.
July 19th – 23rd
Ages 4 – 6 (4:00pm - 5:00pm)
Ages 7 - 10 (5:00pm – 6:00pm)
Ages 11+ (6:00pm – 7:30pm)
Dancers please arrive all of this week in a black leo and tights. Shorts or a skirt are optional.
Below you will find a list of the groups dancers will be trying out for.
Little Stars ages 4 & up:
Mini Stars Small Group
Junior Star Small Group
Jr All Stars
Big Stars ages 9 & up:
Rising Stars Small Group
Shooting Stars Small Group
All dancers wanting a chance to be a part of the 2021 – 2022 Comp teams must be present during this week. This week-long class will give teachers the opportunity to see how your dancer works with the teachers and other team members.
We are in an AMAZING competition season and our goal is to improve on what we have done this past year. Being a part of the Drawdy’s Dance School Competition Team has become very popular this year. It is imperative that these select dancers are the top students in the studio and are as dedicated as our teachers! Please read the following carefully to see if this is something that both you and your child want to be part of:
1. At least one year of study at DDS
2. Excellent attendance record
3. Dancer must audition for a spot in the team (including present members)
During the audition intensive week, dancers will be judged on technique, flexibility, and stage presence. Dancers will be placed on teams. Team decisions will be final.
Certain things will be expected of the dancer as well as the family:
1. Dancers are required to take at least one primary dance class during the week.
2. ALL Dancers are required to take their age group ballet class.
3. Dancers are required to wear tights and a leotard to competition team rehearsals.
4. Weekly competition team rehearsals are mandatory. Only 3 excused absences (phone call must be made) will be allowed. After that there is a possibility of dismissal from the team.
5. Each competition team member will be allowed 5 excused absences (phone call must be made) in each of their primary classes. If more than 5 are missed, there may be a possibility of dismissal from the team.
6. All company members must be available to attend all competitions. We will have a list of competitions in September. We plan to attend the Showstoppers National Finals next summer, July 4th week. If you have a conflict with any of the dates, you may be asked to withdraw from the team. Dances are choreographed based on the number of dancers in the group.
7. There are additional costs for competition fees, costumes & sweat suits. These fees are expected to be paid within 10 days of receiving an invoice. Competition fees will be set out one month before competitions.
8. Inappropriate conduct toward any fellow dancers, teachers or dancers from another studio will not be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal from the team.
9. Inappropriate conduct on social media by dancers or parents will not be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal from the team.
Studio Cost of 2021 -2022 Competition Team fees:
$85 a month for all team members for a large group. (All Dancers must be in a large group)
$60 a month per extra comp team (Duets, Trio, and Small Groups. Dancers will be invited for these special categories.)
$30 Musical Theater Large Group Comp Team (Must be in Musical Theater Regular Class and Ballet)
$40 an hour for solo classes (Soloist must meet at least twice a month)
Competition Cost per event (these are averages):
Large Groups $60 per dancer
Small Groups $60 per dancer
Duets $85 per dancer
Trio $70 per dancer
Solo $140 per dancer
If you are not ready to make this a top priority to other activities (cheering, sports, etc.), then this may not be for you. Please understand that these rules are here to benefit all.
We understand that there are illnesses (this cannot be avoided) and other outside activities but we need special children who really love to dance, make it a priority and are ready for the responsibility of being in our competition teams. We have come a long way this year and we cannot take a step backwards after such a great year. Being part of our competition team is not just about doing multiple dances in the recital. This commitment requires dedication & sacrifice. This letter may sound like we are discouraging potential competition team members, but we are simply trying to give a realistic perspective as to what is expected from the dancer and you the parents. We have a great time, and the dancers get great fulfillment and learn tremendous camaraderie, sportsmanship, dedication and respect from this experience.
Ms. Amanda & Ms. Teala